PhD in Biology
2. Research experience
I have strong thrust and reasonable experience in Epigenetics. At CSIR-IGIB, I was involved in the generation of tissue and gender specific methylome profiles of Wistar rats using Methylated DNA immunoprecipitation sequencing in HiSeq2500 Illumina sequencer.
I have performed candidate gene specific methylation analysis using targeted bisulfite sequencing in the peripheral blood of human cardiovascular disease patients in collaboration with AIIMS-New Delhi.
I have also generated global methylome and proteome profile of various groups of cardiomyopathies (DCM/HCM/RCM) using MeDIP sequencing and iTRAQ-MS/SWATH-MS based mass spectrometry approaches.
I was involved in standardization of DNA hydroxy-methylation immunoprecipitation assays from Wistar rat liver.
I have experience with handling instruments like Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer, Qubit 4.0, Roche Light Cycler 480 system, Illumina cBot and Hiseq2500 system.
I have experience in designing custom panels from Agilent/Illumina for the identification of methylation and genetic variants associated with cardiometabolic diseases.
3. Research interest
I have joined the Genomics group, TTCRC from July 2020.
My primary goal is to establish a robust and reproducible assay for the minimal residual disease (MRD) monitoring using next generation sequencing based platforms to improve disease management and aid in treatment decisions in ALL patients.
I am also involved in standardizing the qRT-PCR based validation workflow for the differentially expressed genes in high hyperdiploid ALL patients.
I am also engaged in the biobanking activities of ALL patient samples.
4. Previous working experience
PhD student at Department of Cardiorespiratory Disease Unit at CSIR-IGIB, New Delhi under Prof. Shantanu Sengupta (2014-2020).
- Subhoshree Ghose, Sourav Ghosh, Vinay Singh Tanwar, Priya Tolani, Anju Sharma, Nitin Bhardwaj, Shamsudheen KV, Ankit Verma, Riijth Jayarajan, Sridhar Sivasubbu, Vinod Scaria, Sandeep Seth, Shantanu Sengupta “ Investigating Coronary Artery Disease Methylome through Targeted bisulfite sequencing” (Gene, Volume 721, 30 December 2019, 144107).
- S Ghose, S Varshney, K Adlakha, A Bhat, S Naushin, Sandeep Seth, Shantanu Sengupta Quantitative proteomics study reveals differential proteomic signature in dilated, restrictive, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathies. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics Springer, 2019.
- Ghose S, Varshney S, Chakraborty R, Sengupta S. Dietary antioxidants in mitigating oxidative stress in cardiovascular diseases. (Chapter accepted under the book “Oxidative Stress in Heart Diseases” published by Springer Nature https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8273-4_5).
Ghose S, Sharma A, Agrawal A, Sengupta S. Human induced pluripotent stem cells in modelling inherited cardiomyopathies. J Pract Cardiovasc Sci 2015; 1: 241-3.
- Ghose S, Bhaskar AK, Sharma A, Sengupta S. Mendelian randomization: A biologist’s perspective. J Pract Cardiovasc Sci 2016: 2 :151-6.