B.Tech & M.Tech Dual Degree in Biotechnology.
Research Assistant in Genomics.
2. Research interest
I would call myself a bio-enthusiast and a budding researcher who believes in working for the betterment of our society. I want to deliver the skills and knowledge I have in my field in a form that can be used by all and would be effective therapeutically. I am inclined to carry out research in the field of cancer and wish to save lives on a large and affordable scale thus, bringing smiles to the faces of the suffering and to the ones suffering with them on the sideline.
3. Current projects
- Working in a project entitled ‘Development and Evaluation of Novel Diagnostic and Prognostic Next Generation Assays for Patient Centric Therapy in Children with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in India’.
- Monitoring Minimal Residual Disease by detecting Ig/TCR gene rearrangements using PCR for Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia patients.
4. Research Experience
- Involved in standardisation of CytoSNP 850K array pipeline to identify Copy number alterations in ALL patients using in-house Next-Seq 550 platform as well as analysis.
- Trained in Nucleic acid extraction, DNA & RNA sequencing using Next Generation Sequencing, PCR based Minimal Residual Disease Monitoring and leukemia biobanking workflow.
- I have been learning real-time based assays for validating mutations and gene expression profiles generated from NGS data.
- Can independently handle sequencing platforms like 3500 Genetic Analyzer, NextSeq 550 sequencer,Tape-Station and Qubit instruments, end-point and real-time PCR instruments like Step One Plus, Quant-Studio 7, Veriti and Proflex.
- Have expertise in Western blot, Native and SDS PAGE, Transformation of plasmid, Nanoparticle synthesis and Chromatography.
5. Previous Work Experiences
- Organization name: ICMR -NICED, Kolkata. Designation: Dissertation trainee.
- Organization name: Dept. of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata. Designation: Summer trainee.