2. Research experience
Started my career as a research fellow at Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, in a BARC and a CSIR funded project. I completed PhD from Jadavpur University, based on identification, purification and characterization of a novel protein kinase and its substrate on sperm surface with potential far reaching implication in the understanding of fertility.
Worked in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, concentrating mainly on isolating P1 protein of Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and designing a multiplex realtime PCR for detection of Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Ligeonella Pneumophila and Chlamydia Pneumoniae and their role in community acquired pneumoniae.
Worked at Imperial College, London and was involved in the identification of biomarkers for recurrent miscarriage, related sub/infertility and endometrial cancer.
- S.R. Dungdung, Arpita Bhoumik, Sudipta Saha, Prasanta Ghosh, Kaushik Das, Sandipan Mukherjee, Debjani Nath, Jitamanyu Chakrabarty, Chanakya Nath Kundu, Bijay Shankar Jaiswal, Mahitosh Mandal, Arunima Maiti, Saswati Banerjee, Madhumita Roychowdhury, Debleena Ray, Debdas Bhattacharyya, and G.C. Majumder. Sperm Motility Regulatory Proteins: A Tool to enhance Sperm Quality. Veterinary Medicine and Science; Insights from Animal Reproduction, Book edited by Rita Payan Carreira. ISBN 978-953-51-2268-5. 2016.
- Gopal C. Majumder, Sudipta Saha, Kaushik Das, Debjani Nath, Arunima Maiti, Souvik Dey, Debarun Roy, Chinmoy Sankar Dey, Sutapa Mitra, Ajay Rana, Jitamanyu Chakrabarty, Sujoy Das, Arpita Bhoumik, Saswati Banerjee, Mahitosh Mandal, Bijay Shankar Jaiswal, Prasanta Ghosh, Abhi Das, Debdas Bhattacharyya, and Sandhya Rekha Dungdung. Role of Sperm Surface Molecules in Motility Regulation. Mammalian Endocrinology and Male Reproductive Biology: CRC Press Fransis & Taylor. 2015
- Sandhya R. Dungdung, Arpita Bhoumik, Sudipta Saha, Prasanta Ghosh, Kaushik Das, Sandipan Mukherjee, Desbjani Nath, Jitamanyu Chakrabarty, Chanakyanath Kundu, Bijay Shankar Jaiswal, Mahitosh Mandal, Arunima Maiti, Saswati Banerjee, Madhumita Roychowdhury, Debleena Ray, Debdas Bhattacharyya and Gopal C. Majumder: Identification of Sperm Motility Regulatory Proteins: A Potential Approach towards Animal reproduction. Animal Reproduction; InTech-Open Science Open Minds; 2015.
- Majumder, G. C., Saha, S., Das, K, Nath, D., Maiti, A., Chakrabarty, J., Das, S., Bhoumik, A., Das, A., Ghosh P., Banerjee S., Mandal M., Jaiswal, B. S. Bhattacharyya, D. and Dungdung S. R.: Biochemical role of cell surface molecules in the regulation of sperm flagellar movement. In Endocrinology and Male Reproductive Biology (Ed. Shiokumar Singh), PHI Learning, New Delhi. 2012.
- Gopal C. Majumder, Kaushik Das, Sudipta Saha, Debjani Nath, Arunima Maiti, Sujoy Das, Nabina Dey, Saswati Banerjee, Madhabi Barua, Mahitosh Mandal, Bijay Shankar Jaiswal, Rupamanjari Biswas, Arpita Bhoumik, Debarun Roy, Souvik Dey, Jharna Som, Debdas Bhattacharyya and S. R. Dungdung: Purification and Characterization of Novel Sperm Motility-related Proteins. In Protein Purification; Editors: Miguel Benitez and Victoria Aguirre, Nova Science Publishers Inc. USA. 2012.
- Maiti A, Nath D, Dungdung SR and Majumder GC. Sperm ecto-protein kinase and its protein substrate: Novel regulators of membrane fusion during acrosome reaction. Journal of Cellular Physiology. 2009 Aug; 220(2):394-400.
- Maiti A, Mishra KP, Majumder GC. Role of sperm ecto-phosphoprotein on sperm motility enhancement by an electroporation method. Molecular Reproduction and Development. 2008 Jul. 75(7):1185-95. Shortlisted for the 10th Royan International Research Award, 2009.
- Nath D. Maiti A and Majumder GC. Cell surface phosphorylation by a novel ecto-protein kinase: A key regulator of cellular functions in spermatozoa. Biochemica et Biophysica Acta (Biomembranes); 2008 Jan 1778(1); 153-65.
- Saha, S., Das, K., Banerjee, S., Nath, D., Maiti, A., Barua, M., Kundu, C.N., Mandal, M., Chakrabarty, J., Jaiswal, B. S., Bhattacharyya, D., Chattopadhyay, D., Dungdung, S.R. and Majumder, G. C. Biochemical parameters of sperm flagellar motility initiation and regulation. In Advanced Medicare (Ed. R. Sen), Edition: First, Chapter: 4, Publisher: B.I. Publication Pvt Ltd, New Delhi. Editors: R Sen, pp.1-20. 2008.
- Maiti A, Mishra KP, Majumder GC. Identification of goat sperm ecto-cyclic AMP independent protein kinase substrate localized on sperm outer surface. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 2004 May 1: 92 (1): 164-77.