2. Research experience
- Extensive experience in the field of molecular and cell biology techniques like Cloning, protein expression and purification, PCR, SDS PAGE, Native PAGE, western blotting, immunofluorescence
- Extensive experience in the field of Mass spectrometry based proteomics
- protein-protein interaction study by Pull-down assays and Co-immunoprecipitation
- Proteomics techniques like 2D gel electrophoresis, 2D-DIGE, LC/MS, MALDI-TOF and ESI-QTOF Mass Spectrometric analyses
- Specialized experience with AB Sciex Q-TOF-6600 instrumentation, quality control, troubleshooting, DDA and DIA-SWATH experimental setup and data analyses
- Processing clinical samples (Blood, Bone marrow, Plasma etc) for biobanking; DNA, RNA and protein extraction and downstream applications
- Mice handling, dissection, genotyping, cortical synaptosome preparation and quality control from mouse brain
- Mammalian cell culture (Neuronal cells, Leukaemia cells, Stromal Cells)
- Experience in biophysical techniques like Absorption and Fluorescence spectroscopy
- Experience in using bioinformatics tools and servers to analyze DNA and protein sequences
- Experience in scientific laboratory management
3. Research interest
- Haematological malignancies
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL) Biology
- Proteogenomics approach to study childhood ALL for better risk stratification and relapse prediction
- Neurodegenerative disorders
Current project: “Development of a hypothesis-based proteogenomic discovery approach for next-generation applications in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)”
DBT-Wellcome Trust India Alliance Early Career Fellowship; Grant number IA/E/15/1/502292; March 2017-February 2022
Responsible for planning, management and experimental execution and data compilation of the current project with cell lines and patient samples
4. Previous working experience:
- March 2017-Present: DBT-Wellcome India Alliance Early Career Fellow, Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre, Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India.
- June 2018-June 2022: Honorary postdoctoral fellow, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
- June 2016-March 2017: Postdoctoral Fellow (Genomics), Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre, Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India.
- March 2014-March 2016: Research Scientist, Centre for Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- August 2008-March 2014: CSIR Research Fellow (PhD tenure), Biophysics & Structural Genomics Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India.
- August 2007-August 2008: Post-MSc associate in Biophysical Sciences, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India.
- August 2006-August 2007: Research Fellow, Plant Molecular and Cellular Genetics, Bose Institute, Kolkata, India.
- Clinical proteomics of enervated neurons: Mohor Biplab Sengupta, Arunabha Chakrabarti, Suparna Saha, and Debashis Mukhopadhyay, Clinical Proteomics 2016; 13: 10.
- Differential proteomic expression of neuroblastoma cellular proteome due to AICD overexpression, Arunabha Chakrabarti, Kasturi Roy and Debashis Mukhopadhyay, Journal of Alzheimer’s disease 2014 Jan 1; 38(4):845-55.
- Altered levels of amyloid precursor protein intracellular domain-interacting proteins in Alzheimer’s disease, Arunabha Chakrabarti, Atri Chatterjee, Mohor Biplab Sengupta, Partha Chattopadhyay, and Debashis Mukhopadhyay, Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2014 Jul-Sep; 28(3):283-90.
- Novel Adaptors of Amyloid Precursor Protein Intracellular Domain and Their Functional Implications, Arunabha Chakrabarti and Debashis Mukhopadhyay, Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics. 2012; 10(4): 208-16
- “Patch”-ing up the Neurons: Revival or Enervation? Sayantani Ghosh, Arunabha Chakrabarti, and Debashis Mukhopadhyay Vitamins and Hormones, 2012 Volume 88, Page no. 439-459
- “BRAIN SENESCENCE-OMICS”: Arunabha Chakrabarti and Debashis Mukhopadhyay, Journal of Proteins and Proteomics, 3(1), January-June 2012, pp. 15-29
- New motifs within the NB-ARC domain of R proteins: Probable mechanisms of integration of geminiviral signatures within the host species of Fabaceae family and implications in conferring disease resistance, Amita Pal, Arunabha Chakrabarti, Jolly Basak. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2007; 246(3), Pages 564-573
- Effect of gamma irradiation on metallothionein protein expression in Plantago ovata Forsk. Saha P, Das D, Roy S, Chakrabarti A, Sen Raychaudhuri S. Int J Radiat Biol. 2012 2013; 89(2):88-96